6 Messages
Digest #2450
Messages
Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:21 am (PST) . Posted by:
"GARY HENSHAW" gary5382
Just a thought John,how about checking how long it takes to boil a known quantity of water, say 200ml? Then compare against a different model (a friend's? ), making due allowance for any difference in claimed power.
To be honest I don't know enough about Quality microwaves to be able to say whether the claimed ' 1000w' or whatever is the AC mains power input, or the actual microwave power output.Gary.
To be honest I don't know enough about Quality microwaves to be able to say whether the claimed '
Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:41 am (PST) . Posted by:
"Ian Tilley" i_tilley
When I used to repair microwaves, I always did a test on the output of the
microwaves. I was trying to remember the exact formulae (it's been a while)
so to refresh my memory, i did a google and came across this instruction
leaflet for a tester with the exact details required.
http://martindale-electric.co.uk/manuals/manMARTEK500.pdf?osCsid=db87fc2026e2e5f0c1a672bf30bc1df1
On 12 February 2016 at 18:18, GARY HENSHAW gary.henshaw@btinternet.com
[appliance-repair] <appliance-repair@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
> Just a thought John,
> how about checking how long it takes to boil a known quantity of water,
> say 200ml? Then compare against a different model (a friend's? ), making due
> allowance for any difference in claimed power.
>
> To be honest I don't know enough about microwaves to be able to say
> whether the claimed '1000w&# 39; or whatever is the AC mains power input, or the
> actual microwave power output.
> Gary.
>
>
>
>
--
Kind regards
Electric Ian (WA)
08 9399 9316
0434 039 095
www.electricianwa. com.au
EC11705
microwaves. I was trying to remember the exact formulae (it's been a while)
so to refresh my memory, i did a google and came across this instruction
leaflet for a tester with the exact details required.
http://martindale-electric.co.uk/manuals/manMARTEK500.pdf?osCsid=db87fc2026e2e5f0c1a672bf30bc1df1
On 12 February 2016 at 18:18, GARY HENSHAW gary.henshaw@btinternet.com
[appliance-repair] <appliance-repair@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
> Just a thought John,
> how about checking how long it takes to boil a known quantity of water,
> say 200ml? Then compare against a different model (a friend's?
> allowance for any difference in claimed power.
>
> To be honest I don't know enough about microwaves to be able to say
> whether the claimed '1000w&#
> actual microwave power output.
> Gary.
>
>
>
>
--
Kind regards
Electric Ian (WA)
08 9399 9316
0434 039 095
www.electricianwa.
EC11705
Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:58 am (PST) . Posted by:
"R.L. Roebuck"
Am I right to think the formula needs the user to input temperature rise
in degrees C (rather than degrees F) - it doesn't seem to say?
All the best,
Rich.
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Ian Tilley ian.tilley@gmail.com [appliance-repair] wrote:
> When I used to repair microwaves, I always did a test on the output of the
> microwaves. I was trying to remember the exact formulae (it's been a while)
> so to refresh my memory, i did a google and came across this instruction
> leaflet for a tester with the exact details required.
>
> http://martindale-electric.co.uk/manuals/manMARTEK500.pdf?osCsid=db87fc2026e2e5f0c1a672bf30bc1df1
>
>
>
> On 12 February 2016 at 18:18, GARY HENSHAW gary.henshaw@btinternet.com
> [appliance-repair] <appliance-repair@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Just a thought John,
>> how about checking how long it takes to boil a known quantity of water,
>> say 200ml? Then compare against a different model (a friend's? ), making due
>> allowance for any difference in claimed power.
>>
>> To be honest I don't know enough about microwaves to be able to say
>> whether the claimed '1000w&# 39; or whatever is the AC mains power input, or the
>> actual microwave power output.
>> Gary.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Kind regards
>
> Electric Ian (WA)
> 08 9399 9316
> 0434 039 095
> www.electricianwa. com.au
> EC11705
>
in degrees C (rather than degrees F) - it doesn't seem to say?
All the best,
Rich.
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Ian Tilley ian.tilley@gmail.com [appliance-repair] wrote:
> When I used to repair microwaves, I always did a test on the output of the
> microwaves. I was trying to remember the exact formulae (it's been a while)
> so to refresh my memory, i did a google and came across this instruction
> leaflet for a tester with the exact details required.
>
> http://martindale-electric.co.uk/manuals/manMARTEK500.pdf?osCsid=db87fc2026e2e5f0c1a672bf30bc1df1
>
>
>
> On 12 February 2016 at 18:18, GARY HENSHAW gary.henshaw@btinternet.com
> [appliance-repair] <appliance-repair@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Just a thought John,
>> how about checking how long it takes to boil a known quantity of water,
>> say 200ml? Then compare against a different model (a friend's?
>> allowance for any difference in claimed power.
>>
>> To be honest I don't know enough about microwaves to be able to say
>> whether the claimed '1000w&#
>> actual microwave power output.
>> Gary.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Kind regards
>
> Electric Ian (WA)
> 08 9399 9316
> 0434 039 095
> www.electricianwa.
> EC11705
>
Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:04 am (PST) . Posted by:
"Ian Tilley" i_tilley
As Martindale is British, I'm guessing Centigrade.
On 12 February 2016 at 18:58, 'R.L. Roebuck' rlr20@hermes.cam.ac.uk
[appliance-repair] <appliance-repair@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> Am I right to think the formula needs the user to input temperature rise
> in degrees C (rather than degrees F) - it doesn't seem to say?
>
> All the best,
>
>
> Rich.
>
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Ian Tilley ian.tilley@gmail.com [appliance-repair]
> wrote:
>
> > When I used to repair microwaves, I always did a test on the output of
> the
> > microwaves. I was trying to remember the exact formulae (it's been a
> while)
> > so to refresh my memory, i did a google and came across this instruction
> > leaflet for a tester with the exact details required.
> >
> >
> http://martindale-electric.co.uk/manuals/manMARTEK500.pdf?osCsid=db87fc2026e2e5f0c1a672bf30bc1df1
> >
> >
> >
> > On 12 February 2016 at 18:18, GARY HENSHAW gary.henshaw@btinternet.com
> > [appliance-repair] <appliance-repair@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> Just a thought John,
> >> how about checking how long it takes to boil a known quantity of water,
> >> say 200ml? Then compare against a different model (a friend's?), making
> due
> >> allowance for any difference in claimed power.
> >>
> >> To be honest I don't know enough about microwaves to be able to say
> >> whether the claimed '1000w' or whatever is the AC mains power input, or
> the
> >> actual microwave power output.
> >> Gary.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Electric Ian (WA)
> > 08 9399 9316
> > 0434 039 095
> > www.electricianwa.com.au
> > EC11705
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
> ------------------------------------
>
> All advice on repairs to microwave ovens should only be undertaken by
> qualified service personnel.
> To unsubscribe please send a mail to the following address from the
> account you recieve this message.
> appliance-repair-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> ------------ --------- --------- ------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
>
>
>
--
Kind regards
Electric Ian (WA)
08 9399 9316
0434 039 095
www.electricianwa. com.au
EC11705
On 12 February 2016 at 18:58, 'R.L. Roebuck' rlr20@hermes.cam.ac.uk
[appliance-repair] <appliance-repair@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> Am I right to think the formula needs the user to input temperature rise
> in degrees C (rather than degrees F) - it doesn't seem to say?
>
> All the best,
>
>
> Rich.
>
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Ian Tilley ian.tilley@gmail.com [appliance-repair]
> wrote:
>
> > When I used to repair microwaves, I always did a test on the output of
> the
> > microwaves. I was trying to remember the exact formulae (it's been a
> while)
> > so to refresh my memory, i did a google and came across this instruction
> > leaflet for a tester with the exact details required.
> >
> >
> http://martindale-electric.co.uk/manuals/manMARTEK500.pdf?osCsid=db87fc2026e2e5f0c1a672bf30bc1df1
> >
> >
> >
> > On 12 February 2016 at 18:18, GARY HENSHAW gary.henshaw@btinternet.com
> > [appliance-repair] <appliance-repair@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> Just a thought John,
> >> how about checking how long it takes to boil a known quantity of water,
> >> say 200ml? Then compare against a different model (a friend's?), making
> due
> >> allowance for any difference in claimed power.
> >>
> >> To be honest I don't know enough about microwaves to be able to say
> >> whether the claimed '1000w' or whatever is the AC mains power input, or
> the
> >> actual microwave power output.
> >> Gary.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Electric Ian (WA)
> > 08 9399 9316
> > 0434 039 095
> > www.electricianwa.com.au
> > EC11705
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
> ------------------------------------
>
> All advice on repairs to microwave ovens should only be undertaken by
> qualified service personnel.
> To unsubscribe please send a mail to the following address from the
> account you recieve this message.
> appliance-repair-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> ------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
>
>
>
--
Kind regards
Electric Ian (WA)
08 9399 9316
0434 039 095
www.electricianwa.
EC11705
Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:28 am (PST) . Posted by:
"Brian Duerr" briguy1q2w
I used to work on 10KW microwave devices and we had to test them directly in
a very expensive fixture.
Google some terms on comparing the microwaves and I'm willing to guess it
will involve heating a specific amount of water that started at a specific
temp and compare the results of when it starts to boil etc.
Brian
a very expensive fixture.
Google some terms on comparing the microwaves and I'm willing to guess it
will involve heating a specific amount of water that started at a specific
temp and compare the results of when it starts to boil etc.
Brian
Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:46 am (PST) . Posted by:
"GARY HENSHAW" gary5382
Good point regarding the starting temperature for water used in a comparison test - I forgot to mention that they should be (more or less) the same for a fair comparison.Gary.
All advice on repairs to microwave ovens should only be undertaken by qualified service personnel.
To unsubscribe please send a mail to the following address from the account you recieve this message.
appliance-repair-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
To unsubscribe please send a mail to the following address from the account you recieve this message.
appliance-repair-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
No comments:
Post a Comment