4 Messages
Digest #2452
Messages
Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:19 pm (PST) . Posted by:
maine_moof
Just out of warranty, oven suddenly will not preheat beyond 370 degrees F. Bake or convect mode doesn't matter. Probe thermometer verifies that temp. Relays seem to be clicking as usual.
Followed troubleshooting procedure for "No heat or insufficient heat" as listed on tech sheet. Bake element and oven sensor tests fine. Next step, according to sheet, is "Replace Oven PCB".
Is there anything else I can check? I've not found that particular condition mentioned elsewhere on the Web.
Brett
Followed troubleshooting procedure for "No heat or insufficient heat" as listed on tech sheet. Bake element and oven sensor tests fine. Next step, according to sheet, is "Replace Oven PCB".
Is there anything else I can check? I've not found that particular condition mentioned elsewhere on the Web.
Brett
Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:38 pm (PST) . Posted by:
"RichK" gs_biker1
Hi Brett...all ovens have an overtemp device mounted on the back, under a cover. It's in the compartment where the wires are.
The device is opens around 165F. If this is malfunctioning, the oven will never reach set temp. This device senses temp behind insulated wall
of the oven. It may be called Hi Limit switch, but it's a OT device.
RichK
Just out of warranty, oven suddenly will not preheat beyond
370 degrees F. Bake or convect mode doesn't matter.
Probe thermometer verifies that temp. Relays seem to be
clicking as usual.
Followed troubleshooting procedure for "No heat or
insufficient heat" as listed on tech sheet. Bake
element and oven sensor tests fine. Next step, according to
sheet, is "Replace Oven PCB".
Is there anything else I can check? I've not found that
particular condition mentioned elsewhere on the Web.
Brett
The device is opens around 165F. If this is malfunctioning, the oven will never reach set temp. This device senses temp behind insulated wall
of the oven. It may be called Hi Limit switch, but it's a OT device.
RichK
Just out of warranty, oven suddenly will not preheat beyond
370 degrees F. Bake or convect mode doesn't matter.
Probe thermometer verifies that temp. Relays seem to be
clicking as usual.
Followed troubleshooting procedure for "No heat or
insufficient heat" as listed on tech sheet. Bake
element and oven sensor tests fine. Next step, according to
sheet, is "Replace Oven PCB".
Is there anything else I can check? I've not found that
particular condition mentioned elsewhere on the Web.
Brett
Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:26 pm (PST) . Posted by:
maine_moof
Thanks very much for the quick reply, Rich. I actually saw that little gizmo when I had the back off yesterday. I recognized it from repairing coffee makers. I wondered about it too but figured that if it was bad, the oven wouldn't heat at all. Is there a way to test it or should I just assume it's the problem? Any recommendations for buying one?
Brett
Brett
Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:50 pm (PST) . Posted by:
"RichK" gs_biker1
Well, testing is tricky, as you would have to subject it to a temp that's stamped on it. I will be like L165-30F
If you can, get access to it, with the oven connected, see if it's the culprit. How to do this, perhaps ask a friend,
if you do not know. Using VOM would my choice, but you just listen to it, or put your finger on it, as it approaches
the temp that oven stops at. This is just one possible device that could be limiting the oven temp. Would not hurt
to verify the oven temp with another thermometer.
If you decide to replace that OT, copy the numbers from it and google, but cost may be up to $50.
Also look for used one. Several places sell then. RichK
Thanks very much for the quick reply, Rich. I actually saw
that little gizmo when I had the back off yesterday. I
recognized it from repairing coffee makers. I wondered about
it too but figured that if it was bad, the oven wouldn't
heat at all. Is there a way to test it or should I just
assume it's the problem? Any recommendations for buying
one?
Brett
If you can, get access to it, with the oven connected, see if it's the culprit. How to do this, perhaps ask a friend,
if you do not know. Using VOM would my choice, but you just listen to it, or put your finger on it, as it approaches
the temp that oven stops at. This is just one possible device that could be limiting the oven temp. Would not hurt
to verify the oven temp with another thermometer.
If you decide to replace that OT, copy the numbers from it and google, but cost may be up to $50.
Also look for used one. Several places sell then. RichK
Thanks very much for the quick reply, Rich. I actually saw
that little gizmo when I had the back off yesterday. I
recognized it from repairing coffee makers. I wondered about
it too but figured that if it was bad, the oven wouldn't
heat at all. Is there a way to test it or should I just
assume it's the problem? Any recommendations for buying
one?
Brett
All advice on repairs to microwave ovens should only be undertaken by qualified service personnel.
To unsubscribe please send a mail to the following address from the account you recieve this message.
appliance-repair-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
To unsubscribe please send a mail to the following address from the account you recieve this message.
appliance-repair-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
No comments:
Post a Comment